The importance of finding the right cricket club
When it comes to finding the right cricket club for your child, it’s important to consider the club’s training programme and league play. A club with a comprehensive training programme will help your child improve their skills, have fun and develop a love for the game. Good clubs need to strike a good balance between providing a competitive environment whilst still nurturing new and inexperienced players and developing their love of the game.
How to find a junior cricket club in Brighton & Hove
Start by asking for recommendations from friends and family, searching online for local cricket clubs in Brighton, or contact Sussex County Cricket for recommendations. Once you have a list of potential clubs, you can visit their website or social media page to learn more about the club, their culture and facilities.
Tips for choosing the best cricket club for your child
- Consider your child’s skill level and goals. If your child is a beginner, look for a club that offers a beginner’s programme such as All Stars Cricket for children 8 and under
- Look for a club that has a strong coaching staff. A good coach will be able to help your child improve their skills and develop a love for the game. Ask if the coaches are ECB qualified and DBS checked.
- Check out the club’s training schedule and league game schedule. Make sure that the schedule fits with your child’s availability and that the club offers enough training and game playing opportunities.
- Look for a club that has a good culture and supports players of all skill levels. Your child should feel comfortable and included in the club.
- Consider the location of the club, do you need something close to home or consider looking further afield for better facilites and environment. Grounds in populated areas often have to fight for space with other users like dog walkers and other sports like football, running and cycling.
- Visit the club to see what the grounds and facilities are like. Are they well kept, are there enough training facilities, what is the club house like and is there parking?
Finding the right junior cricket club for your child can be a daunting task, but with a little research and consideration, you can find the perfect club for your child to develop.
Is Preston Nomads the right club for your child?
Preston Nomads is based just to the north of Brighton in Fulking. Our ground is one of the most picturesque in the county, enjoying spectacular views of the famous Devils Dyke and the South Downs. We are proud of our vibrant junior section, with its ECB qualified coaches running a full programme of training and matches, both in the summer and winter, for more than 140 boys and girls from the age of 6 to 18 years.
Find out more about our junior cricket programme here.
Junior membership enquiries
Phone: 07876 565980