Winter Nets 2023
Junior winter nets will commence on the 3rd of Feb at the Aldridge Cricket Academy, at BACA in Falmer on alternate weeks for the various age groups.
Cost is £4 per session, new players are welcome to attend. Please contact Rosalind Eaton on 07876 565980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Cricket at Preston Nomads
Cricket is one of the most popular sports around the world, and introducing children to the game at a young age can help them develop a lifelong passion for the sport. At Preston Nomads, we believe that kids cricket is a crucial component of the sport’s development and growth.
Preston Nomads is a cricket club just to the north of Brighton in Fulking. Our ground is one of the most picturesque in the country, enjoying spectacular views of the famous Devils Dyke and the South Downs. We are proud of our vibrant junior section, with its ECB qualified coaches running a full programme of training and matches, both in the summer and winter, for more than 180 boys and girls from the age of 6 to 18 years.
The Benefits of Kids Cricket
Introducing children to cricket at a young age can have a wide range of benefits, both on and off the field. Here are a few key benefits of kids cricket:
- Physical fitness: Cricket is a sport that requires players to run, jump, and move quickly. Participating in kids cricket can help children develop their coordination, agility, and overall fitness.
- Mental development: Cricket is a sport that requires players to think strategically and make quick decisions. Participating in kids cricket can help children develop their problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities.
- Teamwork and camaraderie: Cricket is a team sport, and participating in kids cricket can help children develop their teamwork and communication skills. The friendships that children make through cricket can last a lifetime.
- Confidence and self-esteem: Participating in kids cricket can help children develop their confidence and self-esteem, both on and off the field.
Playing Options for Young Players
There are a variety of options available for young players who are interested in getting involved in kids cricket. Some of the most popular options include:
- Join the club: Preston Nomads offer programmes for children of all ages and skill levels from U7 and up. Joining Preston Nomads is a great way to get involved in the sport and meet other young players.
- Cricket camps and clinics: Preston Nomads also offer cricket camps for young players during school holidays in the summer months. These programs can be a great way to get specialised coaching and improve your skills. Our cricket camps are open to everyone and are a fun way to get started with your child’s cricket experience.
Getting Involved in Kids Cricket
We are always keen to welcome new junior players, if you would like to find out more please contact Kash below or use the Join Us form and we’ll get in touch.
Junior membership enquiries
Phone: 07876 565980
When does Junior Cricket start?
Winter training in 2023 commences in February on Friday nights at BACA Cricket Centre in Falmer. Our regular outdoor training at Preston Nomads begins in April also on Friday nights.
Summer training times 2022 (2023 times will be confirmed before the start of the season):
- Girls: Friday 6pm-7.30pm
- U14s: Wednesday’s 6:30pm-8pm
- U8s/U9s/U10s/U11s: Friday’s 5pm-6:30pm
- U12s/13s/U15s/U16s/U17s/U18s: Friday’s 6:30pm-8pm
Held at the wonderful PNCC grounds in Clappers Lane, Fulking (see Find Us page for directions). Our Friday night training offers a great experience for the kids but we also keep the parents occupied with a full bar and food offered throughout the season.
Junior Coaching Programme
The coaching arrangements for the Club’s Juniors provides THREE levels of coaching. See the coaching page for details.
Policies and Codes of Conduct
The Club Committee wishes to make it clear that it values greatly the Junior (Boys and Girls) Sections of the Club and is committed to providing the very best facilities for all our youngsters.
The Policies and Codes of Conduct page contains links to documents and forms which you can read, download and print.